Releasing KDevelop 4.7

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Sun Jun 15 12:23:16 UTC 2014

On Saturday 14 June 2014 19:06:49 Milian Wolff wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> as discussed with Aleix and Kevin during QtCS, we want to release KDevelop
> 4.7 asap. There are a few blockers still in master which I want to look at
> now. Here's my list, please comment on what regressions you notices:

Some general notice: please try to put these kind of bugs in the bug tracker,
otherwise we will forget about them. Mark them with the 'release_blocker'
keyword.

The current list of release blockers is here:
  http://tinyurl.com/kdevelop-release-blockers

I encourage everyone to have a look at the list.

> - assistant focus management
> sometimes, the assistant gets focus while it should not, e.g. in the middle
> of typing which leads to a very awkward workflow

Noticed that as well, happens randomly.

> - project manager view focus management
> sometimes, instead of copying code from the editor, one copies the file from
> the project manager view. On paste, one then inserts the URL to said fail.
> Again, very awkward

> - cannot show multiple toolviews
> this used to work (see mailing thread about that from a few days/weeks ago).

Milian just fixed this yesterday evening. Thanks for that!

> Once that's in, I think we can release master more or less as-is. Please
> take a minute to review your recent changes and make sure to polish them.
> I'll branch off master into 1.7/4.7 branches next week. We could then also
> release the first beta, hopefully. The final release should then happen in
> July, lets say on the 20th at the latest?

+1

> Objections? Feedback?

Greets

--