plugin for avr-gcc

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 28 00:50:42 UTC 2014

Hi!

On Friday 28 February 2014 01:33:16 Aleix Pol wrote:
> KDevelop shouldn't generate code needed for compiling the
> application, usually this is done by the build tool (whatever you use)
I think the envisioned feature is more like our "new from template", but with
more tweakable parameters.

Overall this sounds like a good idea and also something I would be interested
in having. I think the biggest problem / decision is how to do language
support: from what I know about the language, it should be possible to just
use kdevelop's ordinary C(++) plugin and patch in an extra include file into
everything to add the extra features. I imagine that would be fairly simple,
with minimal (if at all?) changes to the existing C(++) plugin (either of
them, oldcpp or clang right away). Probably you'd want a project manager to
control all this.

Integrating existing tools into e.g. tool views is quite easy in most cases.
You should also consider having such tool integration as kate (5) plugins
eventually. Possibly you could even do GUI debugging via JTAG?

Also -- I don't want to say it should be done, I just want to bring it up --
this is quite different from a desktop application development workflow, so
maybe this is one of the cases where you want to start off with kdevplatform,
not kdevelop...?

Feel free to get something started, and if you run into problems don't
hesitate to ask in IRC.

Greetings!