Break Custom Buildsystem Plugin apart into 2 pieces.

Sergey Kalinichev kalinichev.so.0 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 16:59:02 UTC 2014

On Monday 10 February 2014 04:58:28 Milian Wolff  wrote:

> > 3. If it's, where to store includes/defines then? Currently we use
> > .kdev_include_paths, but Custom Buildsystem uses *.kde4 file for that. So
> > which one to choose?
>
> For files opened outside of a project, this should still work so we cannot
> store it in a project configuration.

What do you mean "For files outside of a project"? Do you mean using kdevelop
as a text editor i.e. editing files without opening a project? Hmm, I don't
know, it's very weird use case imo, should we even consider that?

>Imo, putting it into the file system
> would be OK but then you'll get problems in detecting them and putting it
> into a nice GUI for later configuration...

Anyway I'm thinking about bounding the GUI to a project i.e. it should be
accessible only through project's context menu. Also I guess that this
detection algorithm already implemented for .kdev_include_paths, no?

So let's store it in the file system then? But where to store defines, in
.kdev_include_paths too?

--
Sergey