Clang plugin && cpp plugin code sharing.

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Feb 3 13:01:00 UTC 2014

On Monday 03 February 2014 16:45:47 Kalinichev Sergey wrote:
> Hi!
>     I've noticed that clang plugin becomes better and better every day.
> Still there is some useful functionality missing, e.g.: there is no make
> files project manager, no cpp/h switching, no include files
> navigation/completion e.t.c

Yes, lots of stuff is still missing. But what do you mean by "files project
manager"? The project managers are not related to language support, you should
be able to use the existing make file project manager with clang just fine.

The rest we simply need to implement.

>     Looking at the current cpp plugin I've noticed that we could easily
> reuse some of it's functionality...
>     Also currently I'm working on the 329788 bug, and clang plugin could use
> that feature too.
>     So, what is the plan? Are we going to:
>     1. Rewrite these thing from scratch
>     2. Port them to some more general place e.g. kdevplatform so that clang
> plugin could reuse it too
>     3. Simply copy/paste it
>     4. Other options?

Depends. Quite some few functions are imo better to be reimplemented using the
clang-API. Others might be able to be copied first to get something working
but should then be cleaned up. This should be decided on a case-by-case study.
Generally, I don't think putting these things into kdevplatform makes sense as
the code only is relevant to C++ plugins (or is it?). So from the list above,
I'd say its going to be 1 or 3.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff