Scripty and JSON plugin metadata cont'd

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Wed Dec 31 16:31:47 UTC 2014

Am Montag, 29. Dezember 2014, 11:26:19 schrieb Kevin Funk:
> Heya,
>
> We committed [1] in kdevplatform.git a while ago, which attempts to use
> .json files directly instead of going through .desktop files.
>
> With the recent commit [2] in kdevplatform.git, scripty just trashed all
> translations for our plugins metadata.
>
> I guess that should *not* happen, but I might be wrong. Just want to be sure
> here.
>
> @Burkhard, any ideas?

Scripty does not support converting translations from *desktop to *json
directly, I'll do that manually via renaming/merging the desktop*.po files to
json*.po files for all languages so the plugins metadata will be filled up with
all translations the next day.

Btw. kdevplatform.git has still some desktop files:
./interfaces/kdevelopplugin.desktop
./plugins/dashboard/plasmoids/branches/metadata.desktop
./plugins/dashboard/plasmoids/projectfileplasmoid/kdev-dash-
projectfileelement.desktop
./plugins/filetemplates/tests/data/testgenerationtest/templates/test_qtestlib/test_qtestlib.desktop
./plugins/filetemplates/tests/data/testgenerationtest/templates/test_yaml2/test_yaml2.desktop
./plugins/documentview/settings/kcm_documentview_settings.desktop
./language/codegen/tests/data/kdevcodegentest/templates/test_cpp/test_cpp.desktop
./language/codegen/tests/data/kdevcodegentest/templates/test_yaml/test_yaml.desktop

Is that intended?

Happy 2015
--
Burkhard Lück