Heads-up: Note to people working on new KDevelop plugins

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Wed Aug 27 22:49:57 UTC 2014

Heya,

since we're having quite a few newcomers that are either working on a new
language support (GLSL for example) or other kinds of plugins (Scratchpad for
example) -- here some notes:

Please keep it mind that it would be best for you if you based your work on
kdevplatform/kdevelop master (which is now KF5-based). This would save you
from *porting* your freshly written code towards KDevelop/Frameworks in the
next months.

It's quite easy to get started with KF5 once you've set up your environment
and 'kdesrc-build' went through the build process once [1]. After that, you
can just work on your kdevplatform/kdevelop checkout as usual.

I don't think we will release new plugins with the KDE4 version anyway, since
this will likely end up as legacy version.

As always, if you have any questions, contact us.

Greets

[1] https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Building