Improving the templates in KDevelop/KAppTemplate

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Apr 8 18:37:03 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Sven Brauch <svenbrauch at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Well to be honest I think this is another problem which would be solved if
> package managers would install recommended packages by default unless the
> user
> explicitly deselects them ;)

Thats is the default at least in Debian and Ubuntu's apt, only suggestions
are not installed by default. Recommended packages are those that most
users of the to-be-installed ones will be using (but not all), suggested
ones are considered only useful to some users.

Now, in Debian KDevelop recommends only compilers, make and gdb. CMake,
kapptemplate and the translations are only suggestions. I'd probably
contact the maintainer to at least raise cmake and kapptemplate, since even
though its possible to use kdev without the kdev experience is much better
with both installed and I'd argue that at least many users will be wanting
cmake.