Releasing 4.5.2 and 4.6?

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 19 21:24:02 UTC 2013

Hi!

On Saturday 19 October 2013 23:12:15 Milian Wolff wrote:
> And what about 4.6? Could we at least release a first beta in - say - two
> weeks?
Sounds good, but I have two issues with master which shouldn't be released
imo:

 - This manpage plugin freezes kdevelop for me (for approx. 10 seconds) when
moving the mouse over certain declarations such as QString (because it uses
kio synchroneously and because there's apparently a bug in the manpage kio
which makes it hang for a while on some search queries -- or it's just slow,
I'm not sure), and I have heard that from other people too.
Long story short, I failed to fix it so far and I think we should either
investigate or at least disable the plugin by default. Since it involves
manpage stuff, this issue could very well be distribution- or setup-specific.

 - Sometimes, all language plugins take forever to parse stuff (a minute per
file-ish). This can only be resolved by clearing the cache (not even
restarting the application helps). Did anyone else see this, or is it just me?

Greetings,
Sven