Make settings not visible amymore in custom project manager

Alexandre Courbot gnurou at gmail.com
Sun May 5 11:10:36 UTC 2013

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
> For CMake, the responsible method is:
> CMakeBuilder::additionalBuilderPlugins( KDevelop::IProject* project  ) const
> This one is in charge of saying if we're using another plugin. It will
> return make's or ninja's depending on how the build directory is configured.

Thanks, that is exactly what I needed to know!

> This shouldn't be needed for Custom Makefile projects since these are
> reporting the MakeBuilder directly.

Right - but the kdev-kernel plugin comes with its own kcm to further
tune the make job with additional variables. I guess in that case
there is no real way for KDevelop to know that we might want to
configure the make process as well. Anyway, by returning the make
builder through additionalBuilderPlugins() as you suggested, the panel
is back here.

Thanks again,
Alex.