Clang

Alexandre Courbot gnurou at gmail.com
Fri May 3 11:53:58 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 7:48 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> The big problem afaik is includes and caching. Clang operates on compile units
> whereas you can throw pretty much everything at KDevelop's parser and it
> mostly does something thats kinda useful :)

I did not care much about caching yet, but you are right about
includes. That's actually the reason why my parser doesn't handle them
yet. The switch between files is not obvious to catch.

I'd say this is something that should be brought to the CLang
community and discussed with them. If the task can be made easier by
changing CLang a big and exposing new interfaces, I'd bet they
wouldn't mind a few extra patches. What KDevelop does is far from
being uncommon and could benefit other people too.

In any case, if you become active on this, I'd love to follow the
progress and contribute if time allows.

Alex.