Clang

Alexandre Courbot gnurou at gmail.com
Fri May 3 10:06:49 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Alexandre Courbot <gnurou at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's a bit messy, but syntax and error highlighting works, as well as
> show uses (not all the time though). I wanted to advertise this on
> this list for months but never took the time to arrange a short demo
> video.

Finally moved my ass and captured a video after porting the parser to 4.5.0:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbZ_0r4eFfo

This gives an idea of what works after ~600 lines of code. As for what
doesn't yet, well, it's everything that is not shown in the video. But
I hope it shows that CLang's parsing is way superior to anything else
that exists, and that there is a lot to leverage in term of e.g.
diagnostics. CLang even has "fix-it hints" that would integrate
wonderfully into KDevelop's similar mechanism. Best of both worlds,
support for C/C++/C++11, no need to maintain a parser, and finally
less unjustified red lines in my kernel sources. ;)

Alex.