branch name appended to project name

Kevin Funk krf at gmx.de
Sun Mar 17 13:21:33 UTC 2013

On Sunday 17 March 2013, 12:51, Kevin Funk wrote:
> On Sunday 17 March 2013, 09:09, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 8:00 AM, Jeremy Murphy
> >
> > <jeremy.william.murphy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > I just noticed that the Projects panel now displays the branch name in
> > > parentheses after the project name, which is nice, thank you.  But I
> > > don't
> > > think it is ideal.  :)  The problem is that it is not distinguishable
> > > from
> > > a valid project name.  Is it possible to do something to the branch name
> > > font to distinguish it?
> >
> > Yes this is possible, unfortunately its not quite as easy as in
> > Eclipse since the Qt ItemViews do not provide a decoration-metaphor.
>
> I fully agree with Jeremy, there should be some disambiguation.
>
> maybe something like [1] would fit in here?
>
> The VcsOverlayProxyModel introduced by Alex could define a new role for the
> VCS data and in QItemDelegate::paint we do:
> - paint role Qt::DisplayRole normally
> - paint role VcsOverlayProxyModel::VcsDataRole with QPalette::brightText or
> whatever (only in case data(index, VcsOverlayProxyModel::VcsDataRole)
> returns valid data)
>
> A different but more simple solution: Just add another column in the proxy
> model, and for that column return a different column for Qt::FontRole.
> (Of course, that means we have a different text alignment then).
>
> [1]
> http://qt-project.org/faq/answer/how_can_i_modify_the_color_for_individual_
> words_for_ite ms_in_a_view

Hm, following up on that.

I just noticed that the 'VCS changes' tool view already does what we want.

Why don't we just merge the 'VCS changes' tool view with the project manager
view? E.g. keep the project manager view as-is, and add a 'VCS status' column to the
project manager view.

Idea:
- For the root project item -> show branch name / indicate if it is modified
- For folder/file -> indicate if it is modified

I'd spent some time on this if you like the idea.

Cheers

--
Kevin Funk