Project Filtering

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jul 28 20:11:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 2:07 AM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:

> On Sunday 28 July 2013 01:55:14 Milian Wolff wrote:
> > On Saturday 27 July 2013 22:52:50 Andreas Pakulat wrote
> <snip>
> > > Unfortunately I still see the same behaviour after removing the old
> kcm. I
> > > can't find a way to filter out a subdir or the contents of a subdir by
> > > either specifying the directory (with or without trailing slash) or
> > > directory name + /*.
> >
> > You don't have a leading slash, do you? I don't remember why I added that
> > back then... Maybe to make it possible to disambiguate between something,
> > but I can't remember what exactly.
> >
> > If that's still not it, please show me the output of "find" in a project
> > folder and paste the contents of .kdev4/*.kdev4 [Filters] section.
>
> Ah, I think it's required in order to write something like the following to
> hide dot files:
>
> */.*
>
> without the leading / we'd need two rules, one for the project root, and
> one
> for the child folders:
>
> .*
> */.*

The only thing I have found that hides my builds/ folder from the project
is to specify

*/builds/

Removing any character (leading star or trailing slash) makes the filter
not work anymore. This is a bit too hidden IMO. It also suggests that the
project-specific filtering is not done based on the project folder as '/'
but rather taking the invisible tree-root as '/'.

Using a trailing slash as a difference to say I want only folders matching
the pattern to be filtered is fine, but it should be noted in the UI (at
least in a tooltip). And the necessity to add a leading */ is certainly
unexpected for me.