Deprecated Code in SVN Plugin

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Fri Jul 19 16:34:59 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 5:46 PM, David Narvaez
<david.narvaez at computer.org>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When compiling kdevplatform there are tons of warnings about
> deprecated stuff from the subversion library. Is this because we are
> trying to maintain compatibility with older versions or just because
> nobody has taken the time to update the code? If it just needs
> updating, I can take care of that.
>
> David E. Narvaez

Well, the svn plugin is deprecated altogether. It contains GPLv3+ code
while the rest of kdev* is (l)gpl 2+.
Actually some interesting work would be the investigation of alternatives
to it, or at least some communication with rapidsvn to figure this problem
out.

Aleix