unifying libdiff2

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Jul 12 08:19:49 UTC 2013

On Thursday 11 July 2013 at 20:18:37, Jeremy Whiting wrote:
> Ok, it looks like the kdevplatform copy of libdiff gets around needing
> diffsettings by copying diffsettings.h|cpp and settingsbase.h|cpp also.
>  Which makes me wonder if that ought to just be part of libdiff2 and
> kompare's libdialogchanges could get it from libdiff2 itself rather than
> owning those classes and code.

+1, makes sense.

> The other difference and dependency of libdiff2 is kompare_part.h used in
> komparemodellist.cpp to get the actions from the action collection (can't
> this be done without casting the parent to komparePart though?) and to get
> isReadWrite from the parent.  Maybe isReadWrite should be a property of the
> komparemodellist rather than the kompare part? Then when the kompare part
> isReadWrite changes, it just changes it on it's modellist also?

Yes, that dependency also needs to go away. I'm fine with whatever change is
made to make it unnecessary (as long as it doesn't break Kompare, of course).

> thoughts, questions, etc. if not I'll make these changes and put up a
> review request.

Go ahead. I agree with the ideas in principle, I'll review the implementation
on ReviewBoard. (I expect it will be fine, but I'd still like to see the code
before it goes in.)

        Kevin Kofler