unifying libdiff2

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Fri Jul 12 02:18:37 UTC 2013

Ok, it looks like the kdevplatform copy of libdiff gets around needing
diffsettings by copying diffsettings.h|cpp and settingsbase.h|cpp also.
 Which makes me wonder if that ought to just be part of libdiff2 and
kompare's libdialogchanges could get it from libdiff2 itself rather than
owning those classes and code.

The other difference and dependency of libdiff2 is kompare_part.h used in
komparemodellist.cpp to get the actions from the action collection (can't
this be done without casting the parent to komparePart though?) and to get
isReadWrite from the parent.  Maybe isReadWrite should be a property of the
komparemodellist rather than the kompare part? Then when the kompare part
isReadWrite changes, it just changes it on it's modellist also?

thoughts, questions, etc. if not I'll make these changes and put up a
review request.

thanks,
Jeremy