"New From Template"

Michael Hart michael.george.hart at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 00:30:01 UTC 2013

>I believe you sent a similar mail a week or two ago and a quick
googl suggested that this is not a
> KDevelop problem, but rather a problem with the tar command/library being
used when building or
>running
That much I will agree with you. My research via Google sudgest that
PaxHeaders.number is something that raised it head November 25, by people
who use *via krusader* see
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-bugs/2012-11/msg03141.html

>What happens when you just untar one of those templates using for example
>tar -xjf
<kdevelop-install-dir>/share/apps/kdevappwizard/templates/cmake_qt4core.tar.bz2?
> Does that also generate the PaxHeaders stuff?
That works without issues; No PaxHeader stuff generated

>If not, your problem is with kdelibs, thats where the code lives that
KDevelop uses to
> unpack these files.
That is my current conclusion too. That is why I sent out a request about
what libraries are involved.

For I am sure other people are updating their OpenSuSE 12.2 and will
eventually start seeing this issue too.
For me the only application I know that causes the PaxHeaders issues is
Kdevelop. But as you can see from the given URL krusader is causing issues
for other people too

Michael