"New From Template"

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jan 4 00:00:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 8:33 PM, Michael Hart
<michael.george.hart at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just noticed something
> the folder PaxHeaders.<some number> and in that folder is exactly the same
> files and the project files. But those files have garbage in them
> I have been doing some research about PaxHeaders.# so far I have not come up
> with anything conclusive. Is PaxHeaders.# suppose to be generated

I believe you sent a similar mail a week or two ago and a quick google
suggested that this is not a KDevelop problem, but rather a problem
with the tar command/library being used when building or running
KDevelop. KDevelop has no code that generates such folders nor are
they contained inside the sources (as you can easily verify). I think
I already asked this, but let me ask again:

What happens when you just untar one of those templates using for example

tar -xjf <kdevelop-install-dir>/share/apps/kdevappwizard/templates/cmake_qt4core.tar.bz2

? Does that also generate the PaxHeaders stuff? If not, your problem
is with kdelibs, thats where the code lives that KDevelop uses to
unpack these files. If unpacking manually still generates PaxHeaders,
then upload your tar.bz2 file somewhere for someone else to have a
look at.