KTextEditor Plugins: Multiple Main Windows

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Dec 23 13:54:38 UTC 2013

On Monday 23 December 2013 12:40:37 Dominik Haumann wrote:
> On Sunday 22 December 2013 17:49:22 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > > At least the multi-screen thing is what comes up from time to time for
> > > kdevelop, as a feature request.
> >
> > Yeah,
> >
> > thats the question, how it is used and how often.
>
> The solution to multiple main windows imo is pretty simple.

<snip>

> Instead, the solution is as simple as to provide a "Detach" action.
> This way, one is able to move a View to another screen (or in KDevelop e.g.
> a documentation view). Detach will just create a small window and put the
> Views XmlGui inside it or similar - this is application dependent or
> course.

This is btw exactly what QtCreator does as far as I was shown. And yes, I do
want to implement that for KDevelop as well - it sounds simple and fulfills
the "multiscreen" usecase nicely imo.

Having multiple toolviews of plugins in more than one mainwindow is not really
required.

Cheers
--
Milian Wolff