KTextEditor Plugins

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 22 15:44:41 UTC 2013

On Sunday 22 December 2013 16:32:07 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> I can only tell, that for Kate, the multiple main windows stuff is the thing
> that caused the most segfaults in all our plugins (even in my own project
> plugin), as it is non-trivial to get that right ;)

>From what I heard the main usecase for this multiple windows stuff is when you
have two screens and you want two documents, or two views of the same
document, on two screns. Maybe this use case could be served by basically
using what split view does, but displaying one of views in a new window?

That's another issue with multiple processes by the way: When you edit the
same documents in your two processes, you will get lots of "another process
changed this document" warnings...

Greetings,
Sven