Better support for editing XML and XSL

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Oct 31 10:36:09 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 30 October 2012 23:19:13 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2012, 21:06:07 schrieb Milian Wolff:
> > On Wednesday 24 October 2012 20:32:18 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > > If not, what plugin templates would I start from for the XML syntax
> > > support, and which tutorial is the best for me?
> > > Is there any existing plugin which would serve as good code to copy
> > > from?
> >
> > See quanta/languages/xml . There is probably quite a bit of porting
> > required and then some bug fixing, but at least it is something you could
> > start with.
> >
> > If you have questions, ask.
>
> First question:
> What is the relationship between playground/devtools/quanta (languages/xml)
> and playground/devtools/plugins/kdev-xml ?
>
> So is the latter extracted from quanta and now the stuff I should hammer on?
> (Or has somebody else already picked that as her/his pet project in the
> meantime, and I better coordinate with these people?)

Afaik Niko extracted the Quanta plugins over the last week. Niko - can you
verify that you did this for XML? If so, the Quanta repo should be cleaned up
such that it only contains the thin KDevplatform wrapper.

Oh and please blog about that so users find the new plugin positions.

Cheers
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de