.kdevduchain folder moved to $XDG_CACHE_HOME

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Nov 1 15:05:02 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Olivier J. G. <olivier.jg at gmail.com> wrote:
> During the sprint, the ".kdevduchain" dir was moved to $XDG_CACHE_HOME (that
> is usually, "~/.cache/").
> Additionally, you can use the KDEV_DUCHAIN_DIR environment variable to place
> it wherever you like.
> You'll have to manually remove your current ~/.kdevduchain directory to free
> up the space (likely a fair amount of space).

Hmm, back when I worked on setting up a defined point in time when the
duchain-cache is opened first to make stuff like this possible, the
intention was to keep the cache inside the session in
$KDEHOME/apps/kdevelop/session/<id>/. Just out of curiosity was there
a particular reason speaking against that? (apart from being harder to
find)