Why is "Show uses" sometimes so slow?

Alexandre Courbot gnurou at gmail.com
Sun May 27 09:46:25 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I could not help but notice that the "Show uses" option, one of the
best features of KDevelop, somtimes take an unexpected long time to
complete, especially for symbols that are referenced a large number of
times in a project. The background parser would kick in and take
almost as long as it did for the initial project parsing.

I am just wondering why this is so - in my mind, the project parsing
is supposed to cache this kind of information already and it should be
retrieved instantly. So why is there this additional processing? Is it
something that could be improved? (I wouldn't mind spending a couple
hours on this. ;))

Alex.