Same toolview active multiple times?

Ghislain MARY gmary at lunacymaze.org
Thu May 10 21:03:16 UTC 2012

Then from the UI perspective what would be the best?
I imagine these possibilities:
 1. Keeping the current "Add Tool View" dialog but listing only the tool views
that are not already present in any dock area.
 2. Keeping the current "Add Tool View" dialog but listing only the tool views
that are not already present in the default dock area for the tool view to be
added. A tool view could then be added in its default dock area even if it is
already present in an other dock area.
 3. Using an interface similar to the "Configure Toolbars" dialog with two
lists where the tool views could be transferred from the "available toolviews"
list to the "current toolviews" list and the other way around.

For solutions 1 and 2 the user can only remove the tool view from its context
menu. For solution 3 the user can also remove the tool view from "Add Tool
View" dialog (which will then need to be renamed by the way).

The list of tool views that can be added from the dock area context menu must
also be updated to list only the tool views that are not already present in
the dock area (or in any dock area) to prevent adding the same tool view
several times.

My preference would go for solution 1. What do you think?

Maybe it would be great also to be able to drag&drop a toolview from one dock
area to an other but I don't know if that's possible to do so.

Ghislain MARY