[GSoC] User-Defined Project & File Templates

Andrei G otzy007 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 14:57:20 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Andrei G <otzy007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Well, yes. But I'd like you to think it a bit further.
> >> - What's the difference between using this and "create new class"?
> >> - Is it going to overlap?
> >> - What use cases do you want to cover? Where does it end?
> >> - Do you plan on integrating it with the buildsystem? For example if
> >> you add a test, you'll want to add it to compile, if c++.
> >>
> >> See the comments I made in the public mailing list with the OBS guy,
> >> maybe it will help.
> >>
> >> Aleix
> >

> > I think that this new feature should include "Create Class". And of
> course
> > they will be included in the buildsystem.
> > For C++ templates: Header(.h), .cpp, Class, maybe .ui files
> >
> > By public mailing list you mean
> > site:http://barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de/pipermail/kdevelop ?
> >
> > I found this discussion
> >
> http://barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de/pipermail/kdevelop/2000-November/005890.html
> > but I think it's not the one you told me to see it
> > --
> > Andrei
>
> no, I mean one from yesterday about GSoC.
>
> And please, think things through. You can't say you will tackle the
> "new class" usecase that easily, the wizard we have now is a bit more
> advanced, it lets you override methods and uses DUChain, it's not
> something you can do with file templates alone.
>
> Aleix

I wasn't thinking I will do class creation with just a simple template. I
was thinking that the existing create class wizard could be called from
Create New File from Template. It's too stupid to put an example class and
then the user modifies it.

I might say stupid thinks and not think too much, but I just want to make
an idea of what the community wants from this GSoC proposal.

--
Andrei