why isn't kdevelop pedantic save

Marcel Hellwig keks at cookiesoft.de
Mon Mar 12 10:46:39 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

I try to become acquainted with kdevelop now but there are some major
problems, one I will claim here.
Why isn't kdevelop (and KDE too) pedantic save? I mean, it is a software
for the whole world and it should be safe and for that imo a program has
to compile with pedantic.
But also without pedantic it gives a lot of warnings, e.g. unused
variable. It is that hard to comment them out or to modify the signature
of the method? It would gain a better performance, because if you don't
have to hand over a paramter you can save some bytes in stack and in
heap too.
So. Would it be possible to programm a bit "better" (i dont want to
blame anyone that he (or she) is a bad programmer, but it is not that
fine......)

bye

Marcel