Kdevelop asserting on startup

Morten Volden mvolden2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 14:28:24 UTC 2012

Weird

After pulling master about a week ago I have not been able to start up
Kdevelop.

Last lines of startup says:

kdevelop(9765)/kdevplatform (shell)
KDevelop::PluginController::loadPluginInternal: Checked... starting to
load: "Output View" type: QVariant(, )
kdevelop(9765)/kdevplatform (shell)
KDevelop::PluginController::loadPluginInternal: Successfully loaded plugin
' "KDevStandardOutputView" '
kdevelop(9765)/kdevplatform (shell) KDevelop::MainWindowPrivate::addPlugin:
add plugin StandardOutputView(0x1dbd6b0) "kdevstandardoutputview"
kdevelop(9765)/kdeui (KMainWindow) KMainWindow::applyMainWindowSettings:
KMainWindow::applyMainWindowSettings  "MainWindow"
ASSERT: "!m_factories[T::Identity]" in file
/home/mvo/src/kdevplatform/language/duchain/duchainregister.h, line 102
KCrash: Application 'kdevelop' crashing...

I have full output of the startup here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65789738/kdevelopAssert.txt

The startKdevelop script invoked to startup basically just does this:

export KDEDIRS=$HOME/kdevelop4:/$KDEDIRS
kbuildsycoca4
$HOME/kdevelop4/bin/kdevelop

git status

and

git diff master remotes/origin/master

suggests that I do not have anything in my local branch that is different
from head of remotes/origin/master.

Any ideas?

/Morten