Database Projects

Miguel Tadeu mtadeunet at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 00:30:34 UTC 2012

Hi,
due to lack of better name, I'll call this "Database Projects". So far, here's what I developed:

- Project template with a specific directory structure (defining the manager as the new database project manager)
- Import schema from a MySQL server into .sql files( tables, views, procedures, triggers and functions are currently supported  )
- Build of a schema file with the combination of all .sql scripts in specific project directories
- Deploy script with the changes to make for a specific target
- Clean the project
- Compare schemas to check differences between two schemas
- Management of MySQL connection configurations

I'm using the applications supplied by MySQL Workbench, namely mysqldbimport, mysqldbexport, mysqldiff.

The main functionality inherits from KDevelop::AbstractFileManagerPlugin so the behaviour is pretty much it.
New actions were added for the context menu to implement the functionality described above.

I think it's stable enough to make the code available in a sandbox environment. For this I'll need some directions.
I just created an account in projects.kde.org so I'm waiting for further steps.

Thanx for all the help from you guys...