Redesign of "Configure Launches" dialog

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Mon Feb 6 06:53:14 UTC 2012

On 05/02/12 21:43, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> >  The valgrind plugin used to create additional Profile entries.
>> >  (but that should work well with tabs as in your mockup)
> The archive should have some discussion between me and Volodya about the
> GUI and why things are done as they are. I cannot recall the specifics
> for using a sub-entry instead of tabs.

I cannot recall this specific point either. But the initial design goal is that
given a single type of "object we want to launch" -- for example "Native executable",
there are different launch modes (Debug, Profile), and each can be implemented by
different specific launchers -- all with their own configuration UI.

This model was not proved to be ideal, but was not found to be broken either ;-)

HTH,
Volodya