Redesign of "Configure Launches" dialog

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Mon Feb 6 06:48:29 UTC 2012

On 03/02/12 21:24, Sven Brauch wrote:

> Anyway, enough said about the old one. Here's my suggestion for a new
> dialog, which I'd like to discuss and improve:
>      http://imgur.com/a/lnciJ#0
> Here's the UI file:
>      http://files.feorar.org/launchdialog2.ui
>
> Changing the "Program type" dropdown thing to something else would
> change the tab layout (for example add an "interpreter" tab).
> Please tell me what you think. Of course it's totally non-functional,
> currently (the UI file is just a mockup).

Hi Sven,

I have a few nit-picky comments on your mockup:

- I don't think that frame inside "Debugger" tab is necessary.

- The way you composite sentence from labels and checkboxes on the
"Dependencies" tab is not great. Not just from i18n point of view
but it just looks wrong even in english.

- I am not thrilled about naming tabs "General" and "Advanced". Such names
don't tell user what to expect there. Maybe, "Executable" and "Environment"
would be more appropriate names?

Thanks,
Volodya