Branching + release management of KDevelop 4.5

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Dec 18 19:43:03 UTC 2012

Hey all,

I think we should branch off 4.5 and emplace a soft feature freeze - anyone
against that?

Also, do we have any known show stoppers for a 4.5 release? I really should
read KDevelop bugs again more often... BTW: The process for that changed, one
should now (if interested) add kdevelop-bugs-null at kde.org to your bugzilla
user watch list (see https://bugs.kde.org/userprefs.cgi).

Question is of course also: When do we intend to release the first 4.5 beta
(together with a hard feature freeze and string freeze). The final 4.5 version
should then be releasable about one week later.  I hope we can ship this
sometime in January, as I won't have much time in Feburary I think.

For 4.5 I still plan to fix some C++11 language support bugs before the final
release. What else do we want to release? Personally, I would mostly be
interested about also releasing stable versions of "external" plugins:

Sven, what's the status on kdev-python 4.5?

Miquel, what about kdev-ruby - do you think you can release a first
alpha/beta/final in time with 4.5?

And Niko, what about the ex-Quanta plugins? Can we at least release some of
them together wiht 4.5 - if so - which? Do they need some work, if so - what
is required to be done?

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de