Ninja and KDevelop

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sat Aug 18 14:30:08 UTC 2012

On Saturday 18 August 2012 13:27:46 Aleix Pol wrote:
> Hi,
> I've just added a new repository with all our unstable plugins called
> kde:kdev-ninja [1] which includes support for building projects using
> CMake's (changes to adapt it to the cmake plugins already hit master
> some weeks ago) ninja [2] generator.
>
> I think it's interesting because it lets us take advantage of a tool
> that tries to improve one of the things that provided a worse
> experience from cmake (IMHO of course), which was the wait time while
> compiling something that didn't have much changes.

Have you built kdevplatform + kdevelop with ninja? What are the steps required
to do so?

Generally, can you post some numbers on how much faster an incremental built
and a clean built is compared to make?

And of course, this is awesome if not alone for the Windows people, where
ninja is available but make is not.

Cheers
--
Milian Wolff