Ninja and KDevelop

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sat Aug 18 11:27:46 UTC 2012

Hi,
I've just added a new repository with all our unstable plugins called
kde:kdev-ninja [1] which includes support for building projects using
CMake's (changes to adapt it to the cmake plugins already hit master
some weeks ago) ninja [2] generator.

I think it's interesting because it lets us take advantage of a tool
that tries to improve one of the things that provided a worse
experience from cmake (IMHO of course), which was the wait time while
compiling something that didn't have much changes.

Anyhow, take a look into this and tell me what you think!
Aleix

[1] https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/devtools/plugins/kdev-ninja
[2] http://martine.github.com/ninja/manual.html