share code between makebuilder and external scripts

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Apr 30 11:23:11 UTC 2012

On Sunday 29 April 2012 20:52:34 Morten Volden wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I started doing some work on the code sharing. So far I have:
>    * Moved some of the filtering code
>        - More specifically some of the code for filtering (Compiler output,
> script output )
>
>    * Extended the outputmodel
>          - It now inherits from QAbstractListModel and IOutputview model
>          - It is now possible to choose a filtering strategy on the
> outputview outputmodel
>    * Plus a few other things to make things work
>
>    * Started doing some Unit test of the different filters
>
> The solution currently has four filtering strategies:
>
> * No filter
> * Compiler filter
> * Script Error flter
> * StaticAnalysis Filter (for cpp check, krazy, etc)
>
> I think I have now come to a point where it would be good to get some
> feedback on the proposed solution
>
> I have some screenshots of some of the use cases that were described in
> this mail thread:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65789738/externalscriptCPPcheckBefore.png
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65789738/ExternalscriptCPPcheckAfter.png
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65789738/ExternalScriptQuickCompileBefore.png
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65789738/ExternalScriptQuickCompileAfter.png
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65789738/ExternalScriptsPythonScriptErrorBefore.png
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65789738/ExternalScriptsPythonScriptErrorAfter.png
>
> Work identified that remains to be done (Input is welcome):
>
> * Finish tests for filter strategies
> * Move MakeoutputModel tests to outputview and extend them
> * Make Makebuildder use the code in outputview.
> * Make custom buildsystem use the code in outputview - Done (But Needs to
> be reviewed)
> * Extend filterstrategies with other filters?? (Input on that one is most
> welcome)
> * Discuss how the filters should be selected via the GUI (and in which
> use-cases it makes sense to do so)
>
> I'll post a review request hopefully sometime this weekend of the changes
> so far.

Yep, without any code it's hard to give you feedback here besides that the
screenshots look promising :)

The (script-)filters will also need to be user configurable. While we are at
it, we could make them all configurable, including compilers and such. That
would help us also for people that use non-gcc or some other language (i
noticed that gfortran's output is currently not handled by us e.g.)

bye

bye
--
Milian Wolff