share code between makebuilder and external scripts

Morten Volden mvolden2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 18:52:34 UTC 2012

Hi All

I started doing some work on the code sharing. So far I have:
   * Moved some of the filtering code
       - More specifically some of the code for filtering (Compiler output,
script output )

   * Extended the outputmodel
         - It now inherits from QAbstractListModel and IOutputview model
         - It is now possible to choose a filtering strategy on the
outputview outputmodel
   * Plus a few other things to make things work

   * Started doing some Unit test of the different filters

The solution currently has four filtering strategies:

* No filter
* Compiler filter
* Script Error flter
* StaticAnalysis Filter (for cpp check, krazy, etc)

I think I have now come to a point where it would be good to get some
feedback on the proposed solution

I have some screenshots of some of the use cases that were described in
this mail thread:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65789738/externalscriptCPPcheckBefore.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65789738/ExternalscriptCPPcheckAfter.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65789738/ExternalScriptQuickCompileBefore.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65789738/ExternalScriptQuickCompileAfter.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65789738/ExternalScriptsPythonScriptErrorBefore.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65789738/ExternalScriptsPythonScriptErrorAfter.png

Work identified that remains to be done (Input is welcome):

* Finish tests for filter strategies
* Move MakeoutputModel tests to outputview and extend them
* Make Makebuildder use the code in outputview.
* Make custom buildsystem use the code in outputview - Done (But Needs to
be reviewed)
* Extend filterstrategies with other filters?? (Input on that one is most
welcome)
* Discuss how the filters should be selected via the GUI (and in which
use-cases it makes sense to do so)

I'll post a review request hopefully sometime this weekend of the changes
so far.

Cheers!

--
- When the split is pulled, mr. Grenade is no longer our friend