Kdevelop for console application development - a few questions

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Tue Apr 24 14:17:45 UTC 2012

I think the solution here is an improved integration of the integrated
konsole toolviews.

What we need is a konsole-command "dbg! path_to_app" which would run
the application right in the toolview, but attach kdevelop as a
debugger.

When debugging is started from the GUI we can simply send "dbg!
path_to_app" to an integrated konsole to forward the output right
there.

Furthermore, the environment of the konsole toolview (see integrated
"setenv!" command) should be set to "debug", and the environment
attached to a toolview should be shown in its title.

The effect would be, that the output of debugged applications would be
shown in an editable toolview with the title "Konsole: debug".

I might implement both of these at some point, starting with the second.

Greetings, David