Kdevelop for console application development - a few questions

mail.aroessler at gmail.com mail.aroessler at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 10:51:39 UTC 2012

Hello kdevelop developers,

We use kdevelop for developing C command line applications and in general it works great. However I have few questions and ideas how to improve the work experience for command line application development.
First of all the terminal: the integrated terminal is not capable of accepting text input, this is no problem as we can select an alternative terminal application (like konsole) in the run configuration. The problem is, konsole returns no message that the application exited, if you know codeblocks, after the application has finished a message "press any key to close the window" is displayed. Another thing that is not ideal is, that everytime the application is started, a new tab is opened, it would be better to use only a new tab if the previous started applications has not terminated yet (like it is in qt-creator).
The next thing is the run configuration. Sometimes it is necessary to switch between different run configurations, this is possible via the application menu, however it would be better if that is possible either in an extra dock or in the project selection dock.
Thanks for reading.

Regards
Alexander Rössler