Auto completion

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Sep 26 18:52:57 UTC 2011

On Monday 26 September 2011 20:36:52 Baradé wrote:
> Just some suggestions:
> - When implementing void bla(BOOST_SCOPED_ENUM(MyEnum) value); it
> should auto complete with the preprocessor and not resolve it by using
> MyEnum::enum_type.

This would require special boost-only logic which in turn would require a
plugin-based C++ codecompletion. Certainly possible I think, but no small
feat.

Thing is, not many (if any) of us KDevelop developers use Boost often, hence
someone else needs to step up for this.

> - When implementing member functions auto completion doesn't consider
> that it is in namespace of some identifiers already:
> namespace bla
> {
>
> class Haha
> {
> 	public:
> 		enum Test
> 		{
> 		};
>
> 		Test test();
> };
>
> // Here it completes:
> bla::Haha::Test test()
> {
> }
>
> // instead of only Haha::Test
>
> }

please report bugs on the tracker: bugs.kde.org

> - If you're implementing functions in header files it could add an "inline"
> statement automatically.

wishlist: bugs.kde.org

> - Is there any way to define if * and & operators should be next to
> identifier or type?

you can configure the astyle plugin, at least in recent kdev version. not sure
offhand if it's in kdev 4.2 already though...

> - Are there some plans to add some basic parser for Doxygen comments
> which could resolve \ref or HTML tags for example?

I've had the idea many times, but never the time to actually work on it...
again, probably someone else needs to do it!

> You're doing a great job! Thank you a lot for KDevelop!!!

:)
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de