Compiling Just One File.

Michael Hart michael.george.hart at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 14:24:18 UTC 2011

Lets, say I have a project of about 200 plus C++ files and headers.

I need to rework just several of the files. However, I know in advance until
I rework the several files, including headers, there is no point in doing a
time consuming full build. I need to only focus on on the content of the
several files being reworked.

In kdevelop 3 there was an build option that allowed you to make just one
file of your project at a time; making sure what was contained in that one
file was grammatically correct before proceeding on with other files within
your project.

These days with kdevelop 4 and cmake, I basically have to comment out all
files, but the one I am interested in playing with, in my CMakeLists.txt to
avoid time consuming rebuild of my whole project.

That is why I am asking if there is one button option like in kdevelop 3 to
compile one file and not my whole project.