unifying libdiff2

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Fri Oct 28 10:18:28 UTC 2011

On Thursday 27 October 2011 21:39:55 Jeremy Whiting wrote:
<snip>

> Kevin, what are your thoughts on making libdiff2 a library independent
> of kdesdk?  Again I'm not really clear how tied to kompare it is, but
> it does seem useful elsewhere imo.

If someone is working on that, someone should do it properly. And the proper
way is to make libdiff2 a proper lib and not part of something like kompare.

A hard KDevelop dependency on all of kdesdk at compile time is not nice. We
currently have an implicit runtime dependency on kate (which can easily be
compiled standalone) and an optional compiletime + runtime dependency on
okteta and kompare.

But I want to keep it that way, i.e.: optional.

tl;dr:
- make libdiff2 a proper standalone library
- release a first stable version (!important!)
- we'll port kdevelop

bye
--
Milian Wolff