some more

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Fri Oct 14 09:52:54 UTC 2011

On Thursday 13 October 2011 11:33:28 Barade wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it's me again and I have some further questions and suggestions.
> If you appreciate some of my suggestions I can/will open bug
> reports/wishes but first I want to be sure that I am not completely wrong.

please just put these on bugs.kde.org directly in the future please

> - integrated number conversion would be fine:
> integer literals like 0x10 could be converted into decimal, octal and
> binary system and shown in tooltip

sure, report that wish. some generic facility to provide refactor-helpers like
these would be quite welcome albeit much work.

and: how do you want to convert it to binary? there is only decimal,octal and
hexadecimal notation, no?

> - file links in tooltips should be able to be opened in new file tabs

how? by using middle mouse? still, valid wish - report it.

> - extern "C++" { in GCC headers isn't recognized as C++ code (might be
> correct, I don't know what the ISO says)

not sure what you are talking about, if it's a bug report it with a proper
code snippet to reproduce.

> - when I delete a directory with many many sub directories and files which
> doesn't belong to my project but is a sub directory of my project's
> directory KDevelop doesn't response for some time, maybe you could improve
> its performance here

again, report this on bugs.kde.org and don't forget to provide an example
project and tell us what folder to remove (and how), so we can investigate and
improve this.

> - when I enable some custom CMake options and newly configure my project
> CMake options GUI isn't updated (I use CMAKE_DEPENDENT_OPTION and therefore
> some new options should be usable when I use some unchecked ones)

again: bugs.kde.org with a small test-project and exact steps on how to
reproduce.

> - maybe you could add support for git-archive command

put it on bugs.kde.org as a wish, don't forget to explain how this should be
integrated in your opinion.

bye

--
Milian Wolff