source formatting: what is supposed to be automatic now?

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sun Nov 27 20:58:25 UTC 2011

On Sunday 27 November 2011 21:27:47 David Nolden wrote:
> Where would you search for such a checkbox? I think it's exactly where it
> belongs, so you could have simply looked into the formatter-settings
> instead of trusting in "something is broken" and writing an email.
>
> The commit-messages reference the checkbox btw.

Right, the sad truth though is that I don't read all commit messages nor do I
remember all details from those that I read.

> Of course these things need to be documented and announced publically, but
> now it's still in the stage of being developed.

Sure, but we thankfully have a big userbase that use kdevelop master and thus
make sure the quality of it stays good. Personally, I think giving those (and
your fellow developers) a heads up on how to use some new feature is a good
thing.

Furthermore, could you comment on my other points? Do you agree, that the
current status is sub-optimal for most users, and that this new feature should
not be enabled by default?

Thanks
--
Milian Wolff