KDevelop's welcome page

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 17 16:59:36 UTC 2011

2011/11/17 Sven Brauch <svenbrauch at googlemail.com>:
> I'm sorry, but I disagree. "Recent Projects" is, in my opinion, the
> most useful thing that could possibly be on a welcome page. I often
> have more than one project, but I absolutely don't have the nerves to
> configure different sessions and stuff for them. So I'd love to be
> able to just click one of the most recently used projects when
> KDevelop opens up.
>
> Greetings,
> Sven

The recent projects are _automatically_ in the session, unless you
close them manually, so why would you need a list of projects which
basically equals the one you see in the "projects" toolview?

Sessions are easy to use, they don't need to be configured. Simply
push "start new session" if you start doing something new. Sessions
make life much easier, and we should propagate productive usage,
rather than creating alternative structures.

A pretty overview of the sessions and their contained projects could
be something nice for the starting page.

Greetings, David