Review Request: Ask the user whether to clean DUChain repository after multiple crashes.

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Wed Mar 9 08:01:47 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 08 March 2011 23:52:13 Dmitry Risenberg wrote:
> The bigger question - is this code still useful? I haven't experienced
any
> DUChain-related crashes, while crashes for other reasons still
happen. So
> the user might get a full reparsing if some other part of KDevelop
> misbehaves.

Wouldn't the right way to do that be to introduce some checksums so
that we can actually test if the repository is corrupt? Say, when
updating the repository, it could

1.a. update the repository
1.b at this stage, the repository is uncorrupt.
2. update the checksum

That way, if we unhappily crashed during 1.a, some checksum would
fail and tip KDevelop off.

Of course, that will not work if the cause is that some code is simply
writing nonsense to the repository.

--
kind regards, Esben