KDevPlatform Itemrepository bucket freeItems

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Mar 1 09:15:32 UTC 2011

Andreas Pakulat, 01.03.2011:
> On 01.03.11 00:33:38, floris wrote:
> > I made a basic implementation of an intrusive red-black tree (it's very
> > generic!), made the freeItem class and updated the buckets algorithms to
> > use these trees. it compiles, but it keeps getting new segfaults:p
> > so it'll take a few days probably to fix those and then i will send the
> > patches.
>
> May I ask why? Isn't there already an implementation of a rb-tree thats
> suitable for your use? If there is nothing in the stl, maybe boost has
> something (we already require it for one of our plugins)? IMHO KDevelop
> already has enough code that 'duplicates' other people's work.

+1

As a maintainer I rather reuse other's peoples work then take on the
maintenance burden...

Also floris, while I assume you have quite some in-depth knowledge on these
tasks, many of us (esp. me) don't have that. I for one am just a self-taught
programmer and hence would greatly appreciate it if you could shortly outline
what you want to achieve and why that is better.

bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de