VCS Changes Toolview

Alexander Dymo alexander.dymo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 20:35:20 UTC 2011

> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 5:50 PM, David Nolden <zwabel at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>> Showing _only_ the changed files equals a filter of the project tree,
>> and could be done by generalizing the filtering-capability. Instead of
>> having a filter-line, we could have a filter drop-down, with these
>> items (for example):
>> * All (the default)
>> * Open (would show only the files currently open, could eventually
>> replace the "documents" view)
>> * VCS Changes (would show the files that changed according to VCS)
>> * [[filter-line-edit]] (would show the current filter line-edit)

"Open" can't replace the documents view, unless we have a special subtree
for "Not in project" files.

But as for VCS Changes I'm with David here. I like the idea of the
projects view that would:
a) use color to indicate vcs status
b) have filter to show only changed files in vcs

"Review" area would then show the Projects toolview and use the "VCS
Changes" filter as a default.
That would make sense.