PHPUnit plugin progress

Davide Simoncelli netcelli.tux at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 08:00:26 UTC 2011

On Monday 18 July 2011 23:17:17 Niko Sams wrote:
> > Right click on a project and click on "Open configuration...". Is there
> > phpunit config module?
>
> I found the reason: in kdevplatform/shell/projectcontroller.cpp:175
> (findPluginsForProject)
> plugins are filtered by X-KDevelop-Category. After changing
> X-KDevelop-Category to Project
> in kdevphpunitplugin.desktop it showed up.
> Maybe it works for you because you don't use master?
>
> Other than that it is still a bit crashy - but looks very promising!
> I'd love to use that at work.

Hey Niko,

thank you I will fix it. I'm very busy these weeks for exams but I have few
bugs to fix on my todo list.

> We do however have a custom wrapper around phpunit - and I need to
> execute on a remote
> server using ssh. Would it make sense to have that configurable?

Right now the plugin searches php unit test files in local test directory, but
it is also possible to implement something  for remote directory. The only
problem is that it opens every php files in test directory to collect case
tests and it may not be fast.

How is the custom wrapper done? Do you run it on your local box and run tests
on the remote server?