deleting DUChain cache dir together with session dir

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Jul 21 23:22:53 UTC 2011

Hey all,

currently, when a session is deleted, the corresponding DUChain cache dir will
not be deleted. This can lead to massif wastes of disk space (~8GB for me)
over time. Esp. paired with anonymous, temporary sessions in debugging, unit
tests, etc. this number grows fast.

So - how should we fix this? I doubt any of the easy ways will work due to
destruction order issues etc...

a) delete duchain cache dir from the session deletion code?
b) some signal in session/isession when a session is marked temporary
(temporaryChanged()) and save that in duchain. on shutdown,look at last value
and delete dir if session was last seen as temporary
c) introduce some analogon to DUChain::initialize() and call that where
appropriate so it can check whether to delete + shutdown or not
d) ... your ideas?

hope to get this sorted out, thanks
--
Milian Wolff