Upcoming KDevelop 4.3

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sun Dec 18 22:08:01 UTC 2011

Hi!
Those of who follow the mailing list will have seen that we started a
thread regarding KDevelop 4.3 that lead nowhere.

After some discussion with milian, we have decided to put KDevelop on a
freeze to start the process for a soon-ish the release that will lead to
a KDevelop 4.3. The idea of this 4.3 is to fix a lot of bugs and problems
in 4.2, including some problems in CMake, the new c++11 support (that
milian promised me to push forward before the release) and changes here and
there.

Once we have a 4.3 release I'd like to merge the my newly developed
features (welcome page, my thesis) so that we can have a 4.4 release before
summer.

The proposed schedule for this release is:
- 19th december a 4.3 branch is created
- 23rd december the message freeze is effective
- 1st january KDevelop 4.3 beta
- 15st january KDevelop 4.3 rc
- 25th january 4.3 is released

Of course this schedule is subject to discussion, I understand the dates
are quite close but I don't think there are features that are being
implemented that are being implemented now and that can't wait for a
further KDevelop 4.4.

Thoughts?
Aleix