Relating upgrade to Kdevelop 4

elison.niven at gmail.com elison.niven at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 16:21:34 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:

>> I am not using cmake. Will using cmake help me here?
>
> CMake would definitely help as it's much better integrated in KDevelop and
> makes your live easier in general. Anyhow, it's your choice on whether you
> want to use it or not. I'd say: try it out, it's worth it.

I did try out using cmake and I must say it worked like a charm.

One more thing, KDevelop does not lead me to the declaration of a
function if the file in which it has been declared is not included (
#include "file.h") in the C/C++ source file although the include
directory is given in the CMakeLists.txt file. Helped me get rid of a
few implicit declaration warnings :)

Thanks,
Elison